Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tsk, Tsk.

I'm doing horribly on keeping up with this blog. I still can't find my camera, but my dad has decided to let me have his old Cannon so I'm excited! He's leaving for vacation in a couple weeks though & he's going to take it with him to have it cleaned. I won't have it for another month. ):

Aside from that my classes have started, I have two art classes that I can't wait to get started in! I also went to my math class yesterday not realizing that the class doesn't start for another month! How embarrassing! I wasn't alone though. Hah.

I finally took the time to draw the other. Ohh how I love the mental escape drawing & painting gives me! It's truly my therapy. I've been so inspired by the Mexican culture, especially el Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead). Living in Southern California near the Mexican border their culture has a large influence. I loooove their food! There's soo many delicious Mexican restaurants to eat at here. I used to go over to Mexico once in a while when I was younger & I just loooved how colorful everything is from their dresses to their beaded jewelry. I'm not Mexican though, I'm Filipino & we also have a similar holiday on the same day, but it's not as colorful & widely celebrated. I took my moment of inspiration to draw my first candy skull! I'd show you all a picture.... but the quality would be horrible so instead I'll show you some beautiful artwork that I've come across that I truly love.

Sylvia Ji is one of my favorite painters & it so happens some of her favorite themes to paint is Dia de los Muertos. They're a tad morbid, I know, but for some reason they are just so alluring to me!





P.S. I'm still trying to figure out the best look for my blog. Sorry, I'm so indecisive!

0 loves:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails