Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hmm.. A Fixie?

My brother & I got the chance to ride our bikes today. I ride a city bike & he rides a fixie. I really love my bike & it's relatively lightweight frame compared to other city bikes, but I got to thinking about how much I spent on it ($460 to be exact). I know compared to some other bikes it's really not that bad, but for a bike I'm planning to use pretty often I'm sooo afraid to just let it sit around under the sun while I'm in class, or anywhere for that matter. My brother told me that if I were to build my own fixie & use decent priced parts it would probably be cheaper. So now I'm debating whether or not I should sell my bike & get something I won't have to worry about so much.

The best part about it is that they're super customizable. I can literally have any color anything I want on it & most of them are EXTREMELY light & not bulky at all.. perfect for just taking around with me. I'll probably be getting a vintage frame & just painting it myself.








I'm most likely not going to do any awesome little stunts or tricks on it though, but I could always just make into a single speed! I don't know why I didn't think of this before. ):

0 loves:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails