Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beautiful Hawaii: Part One.

There are no words to explain the beauty of the island of Oahu. I've lived on the west coast my whole life & our beaches here in Southern California don't even compare. The waters are clear & the sand is so nice & white.

So the easiest way for my to describe my trip is to do this day by day.

7/25/10.
Since we got off our flight late in the morning, my friend's cousin picked us up & headed straight up to North Shore to the city of Haleiwa. We ate good food at a shrimp farm, a chicken truck & tried Hawaiian shaved ice for the first time at Matsumoto's. When we got dropped off at our hotel we had an AMAZING view from our balcony. My friends & I decided to go to the jacuzzi that night at our hotel just to relax. That's where we got our first taste of pidgin (Hawaiian slang). These boys came up to us & started talking to us. I thought it was HILARIOUS that one of the boys pronounced dangerous as "dawn-je-roos".



7/26/10.
My friends & I decided that we would spend a whole day just to get a feel of Waikiki & the area we were staying. We walked around the city a bit & ate at a conveyor belt sushi place called Genki's. So yummy! We spent the rest of the day at the beach.



Oh & did I mention? I cut my foot super deep on rocks I was trying to climb at the beach? Hahah. (See those rocks at the middle right behind the surf board? It went around the water in a half circle from the beach to enclose the water. That's where I didn't watch my step).

7/27/10.
The Polynesian Cultural Center. We took the bus aaallll the way up to the Northern part of Oahu just to get there. Longest. Bus ride. Ever. But it was well worth it! We saw amazing dancing, learned more about different Polynesian Cultures & ate delicious luau food.



We got leid & I look horribly tired. (Humidity does no good for my hair).

7/28/10.
PCC definitely drained us the day before so we slept in & went to the famous swap meet at the Aloha Bowl. Another looong bus ride. I got the cutest necklaces, shirts, & other typical Hawaiian paraphernalia. We had lunch at this ramen place called Goma Tei at Ala Moana Center, which was sooo good. Then we spent the rest of the day at the beach since the swap meet closed at 3. The sunset was so surreal!



I'll describe the rest of my trip tomorrow! I'll be honest with you. I hate taking pictures! So I don't have many, I guess you can call me lazy! Oh & I didn't bring my DSLR camera because my mom refused to let me take so I was stuck with a regular point & shoot.

0 loves:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails